Advocates for Youth and Health Development (AYHD) is a youth led membership based non-governmental, non partisan, non-profit making Organization for attitudinal re-orientation, Peacebuilding, gender & human rights protection and promotion and health development among Nigerian youths, women and children through capacity building, advocacy, litigation, research and documentation. We work to influence policies that affect our target group at all levels.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
1. Provide youth and women with professional and skills that are in demand in targeted communities in order to reduce poverty;
2. Foster cultural understanding, religious tolerance and peace promotion among youth and women from different backgrounds through workshops and leadership camps;
3. To increase our knowledge of the extent of the level of youths’ and women awareness of their rights and responsibility and its determinant with a view to designing new or better approaches;
4. Through education promotion, capacity building, advocacy and litigation ensure that, children, youths and women's rights are promoted and protected;
5. To engage in active peace building and gender equality projects;
6. To educate and enlighten young people and women on their right to participate in the formulation of public policy and other decision making processes;
7. To engage in comprehensive health development programmes in areas like Sexual Reproductive Health Rights, HIV/AIDS etc for youths, women and children;
8. To network with other NGOs with similar objectives at local and international levels.